10.16.2013

Quilted Winter Purse, Stitch Winter '13


 
 
There is a chill in the air here in the Pacific NW.  I can't believe it is already mid October!  I've started thinking about Christmas sewing and hand made gifts.
Stitch magazine's Winter issue has been out about a week now and I have one more wintery project in the issue. 
This project would be a perfect hand made gift as well as the tea time coasters from this issue!
 


 
Each side has a large pocket that is made from strips of some of my favorite aqua fabrics. 
I have some info about them here.

I used a large vintage mother of pearl button and self fabric loop for the closure.  A self fabric covered button would also work well!

Enjoy your day!
Happy Sewing
xo
Charise

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I love it!
    Although it cracks me up how they have the model wearing a tank top with the quilted winter purse. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the fabrics you used for this bag. No dull winter here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely purse! Beautiful fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this bag ~ so lovely and it could be used over the body ~ the best kind of bag.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It`s just gorgeous and love your fabrics combo!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!
I love to read your comments - they make my day!!