3.06.2012

Chalet Pattern


I'm so happy to have completed this paper piecing pattern!!  It is now available in my Etsy Shop.

This design was inspired by Swiss Chalets and created for Cocorico Bee.
Krista asked for a ski theme and my first thought was skiing in the Alps!

The fabrics included in this block are:

Sky, Grey scallop snow on roof, Tree, Shutters  - Moda "Ruby"
Top of Chalet (yellow) - DS for fabric traditons
Bottom of Chalet (yellow)  and Bird in window - Moda "Getaway"
Architectural details (brown) - Suzuko Koseki notions print
Red detail on Chalet - Moda "Hello Betty" by Chloe's Closet
Ground - Michael Miller Antiquity "Old Script"
Pathway - Joel Dewberry Modern Meadow Herringbone
Little girl and cat in upstairs window - vintage feedsack

If you decide to create this block, I'd love to see it.  Please add it to my Charise Creates Projects Flickr Group : ) 


4 comments:

  1. This block is fantastic Charise!! Congratulations on yet another fab psttern x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats getting your pattern out there, this is such a perfect idea of a Swiss Chalet

    ReplyDelete
  3. This cute little chalet reminds me off one when I was little- it was a barometer, where the lady on one side came out when it was fine and the man on the other when it rained! I love this block! Just don't know whether my sewing skills or stash would do it justice!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!
I love to read your comments - they make my day!!