2.16.2012

Sew Out Loud Quilt Along Block #1

In case you haven't heard, Kirie and Julianna started a super fun quilt along.  Eleven  designers, including me, are designing Quilt Blocks with Sewing Themes.  The ideas is to use sewing and text fabrics to create eleven blocks.
Julianna designed the first block - "Zipper".  This is my version and you can find the pattern here.


Fat Quarter shop is sponsoring the quilt along and
generously sent each designer fabric to use for their block.

The fabrics used for my block are as follows:

Background - Mannequins by Anna Griffin from FQ shop
Red Scallop Stripe - Bonnie and Camille from FQ shop
Red Dot by RJR fabrics from FQ shop
Yellow Sewing Fabric from Suzuko Koseki can be found in BlijeOlifantje's shop
Blue measuring Tape Fabric by Kumiko Fujita can be found in Ayumills' shop  

There are some fabulous prizes and we have a contest at the end.  We are inviting you to design the 12th block!  The details to enter the contest are here on the Flickr group.
Our judge is the amazing and talented Suzuko Koseki.  She is a fabric designer and author of some of my favorite sewing and quilting books!
Like this one here!!


I hope you will join us!!!!

5 comments:

  1. LOVE it!! I can't believe Suzuko Koseki is going to judge!! Rockin'

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure how I missed that Suzuko Koseki is judging. My heart races just thinking of it! I have 2 of her books and I'm a huge nerdy fan of her. WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfectly pieced. Fantastic color combo. Your block is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is super cute. I'm starting my block today.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!
I love to read your comments - they make my day!!