7.20.2009

Summer Sewing

Luc in a variation of Huck Finn pants from Weekend Sewing


Luc in Kai's shirt from Weekend Sewing.

My next project. Fab vintage 1968 shift dress pattern.

Sewing is a passion of mine. I started at the age of six making clothes for my Barbie dolls which lead me to the career as an apparel designer. It was not a straight path and I've definitely taken some turns on the road to this career.

I've heard that you should look back to what you loved at around the age of six and that is a good indicator of what may be your passion later in life.
Sewing has been put on the back burner since having the boys - other than the occasional home decoration project. This spring I happened upon the book Weekend Sewing by Heather Ross. It is a fabulous book and renewed my desire to sew. I've been making versions of the Huck Finn Pant for my son Luc. I've also made Kai's shirt and a few of the dresses for myself.

My next project will be a sundress using a vintage pattern I've had for years. The fabric is from Heather Ross' Mendocino collection. I'd better hurry since the weather could change at any moment! The weather in Seattle has been unusually warm and dry and I am Loving it!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!
I love to read your comments - they make my day!!